- Sold per linear metre
- Silicone offers many advantages over other forms of elastomers.
- It is well known for its use in food, pharmaceutical and other clean industry applications.
- It is a resilient material capable of maintaining many of its properties at extremely low and high temperatures.
- Some grades of silicone rubber can remain flexible, and show low levels of compression set, down to temperatures as low as -100 °C and as high as 315 °C.
- It is naturally electrically insulating but can be compounded to offer high resistance for the bleeding of static charges or to offer a low resistance to conduct signal voltages.
- High tear resistance, good elongation at break and tensile strength are some of the other characteristics of silicone.
- Silicone will keep constant even at high temperatures, but should not be used with high pressure steam.
- Silicone has excellent resistance to heat (dry air), at +200°C intermittent and will remain flexible at low temperatures of -70°C and is also resistant to ultra-violet light, Ozone, sea water and weathering.
- Silicone also exhibits low in flammability and low smoke toxicity.
- Our silicone solid sheets are available in 1.2 metres width and can be bought as individual 1 metre lengths or multiples of 1m and are available in 10m or 5m rolls depending on the thickness.
- Colours include; translucent (opaque), white, red oxide as standard and blue, grey and black are readily available.
- The thickness range are between 0.3mm and 12mm, although other thicknesses can be supplied on request.
- The standard hardness is 60° shore and we can offer hardness from 30° to 80° in some instances. Please ring an advisor to check if unsure.
- Silicone sheeting has no resistance to oils.
We also offer in Solid sheeting:
Cutting and fabrication service. Gaskets, seals and strip.
Moulded sheet for smaller applications. Colour and hardness variations in small quantity catered for in moulded sheet from 12"x12", shore hardness range 30° to 80°
Adhesive backing: Cut sheet and gaskets can be supplied with a pressure sensitive adhesive.
Colour matching service. If you wish to colour match to silicone sheeting, we offer a service to nearest RAL/ PANTONE colour chart or to sample swatches. Please ask for more information if required.
Other products available in silicone are:
Sheeting: Solid and Sponge in General Purpose, Flame Retardant, High Temperature, Low Combustion (LCH), Ministry of Defence (DTD), Metal Detectable (Solid and Sponge), Soft Silicone, Tough Silicone, Fluorosilicone, Thermo-Chromic, High Tear (HT), Anti-Microbial available in both Sponge and Solid
Extrusion: Solid and Sponge (also available in Fluorosilicone)
Tubing: Solid ONLY
Gaskets: Solid and Sponge
Mouldings: Solid and Sponge (RTF Mouldings)
Compounds: Solid ONLY
Cables: Solid ONLY
Fabric Reinforced Sheeting: Solid ONLY
FDA Grade Silicone Sheet Approvals:
- FDA Standard 21 CfR 177.2600, BFR XV, EU 1935/2004, WRAS, FAR 25/ JAR 25 /CS 25 Horizontal Flammability Tests and Automotive Standard Part 571MVSS302, REACH and RoHS.
|Sell by the metre||Yes|
|Hardness (Shore A)||60|
|Maximum Temperature (°C)||300.00|
|Minimum Temperature (°C)||-60.00|
|Tensile Strength (MPa)||9.00|
|Elongation at break (%)||350.00|
|Compression Set (%)||11.00|
|Compression Set Testing Parameters||24hrs @150|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.